"This website" means all webpages located on the cgu.com.au domain name and its related sub-domains.
This website is the website of Insurance Australia Limited, ABN 11 000 016 722, AFSL 227681, trading as CGU Insurance.
- Use of any type of data accumulation tool, robot, or spider to compile, disseminate, extract, process, reproduce, or repackage in any form or monitor any of the web pages, content, data or information contained within or accessible through this website
- To accumulate or combine the content, data or information contained or accessible through this website with content, data or information from any third party, without Insurance Australia Limited's prior written permission
- Use of high-volume, automated or systematic processes to obtain data or other information from this website
- Compiling, repackaging or disseminating any information or data from this website
- Accumulating data or information from this website whether or not using any automatic or manual process
- Use of any type of device, process, routine or software either systematically or non-systematically to interfere or attempt to interfere with the functioning of this website or any transaction or process conducted on or through this website
- Creating a link to this website from another website without Insurance Australia Limited's prior written permission
- Any use of this website for an unlawful purpose or activity
- Take any action which may disrupt access to, cause damage to, or interfere with, the proper operation of our website
- Either yourself or through a third party changing, modifying, reproducing, or creating any works derived from this website, or displaying in public, any part or content of this website without Insurance Australia Limited's prior written permission or unless you have a non-excludable legal right to do so
This website may only be used for the following permitted activities:
- A use authorised in writing by an Insurance Australia Group (IAG) insurer
- IAG staff carrying out their duties for IAG
- Temporary browsing as a genuine customer, or for personal non commercial interest
Other important information
All intellectual property on this website – including the CGU trademarks and copyright in the information, text, graphics, services and other data – is owned by us and no part of this website may be reproduced, stored, modified, adapted, uploaded to another location or produced for display in public in any form without our prior written approval.
Intellectual property includes, but is not limited to, the CGU trademarks and copyright in the information, text, graphics, services and other data.
The CGU Insurance website
The law which applies to this website and to disputes arising out of this website, is the law of the state of New South Wales, Australia.
The information contained on this website may not be accurate or up to date in all respects. We do not warrant the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this website.
This website may contain links to third party websites. CGU Insurance and its related entities do not make any representations as to the contents of any third party websites, and expressly disclaim that they operate any website other than this website.
CGU Insurance’s quote and insurance application service
The Quote service and the Insurance Application service are offered solely to assist you to buy or decide to buy insurance from us.
You are not authorised to, and you agree not to, use high-volume, automated or systematic processes to obtain quotes or make insurance applications, or to make an excessive number of requests to the services.
You also agree not to use, copy, compile, repackage or disseminate any information obtained from the Quote service or the Insurance Application service for any purpose other than your personal, non-commercial purposes without Insurance Australia Limited’s prior written consent, and you specifically agree that you will not use, or obtain with an intention to use, such information for the purpose of discovering the business logic of either service, or creating a tool that predicts the operation of either service.
If you contravene the above paragraph, Insurance Australia Limited reserves the right to terminate your access to these services in its sole discretion, without prejudice to any other rights that it may have.
The CGU trademarks may not be used or reproduced without the prior written consent of Insurance Australia Group Limited.
Privacy – our commitment to you
We are committed to protecting your privacy. The privacy section of your Product Disclosure Statement and Policy Booklet explains how we collect, use and disclose the personal information you provide to us. Additional information on how we handle your personal information is available in our Privacy Charter and our Online Privacy Statement.
CGU Online enables you to view and manage details relating to certain insurance policies you hold with us. CGU Online is not available for all of our products and some products only have limited functionality; you will need to contact us if you wish to view, manage details which relate to these products.
Accessing CGU Online
You are only able to access CGU Online if you have "Registered". You become Registered by accurately completing the details requested by us on the login, registration and authentication pages of CGU Online. The details requested on these pages relate to information about you and a current insurance policy you hold with us for which CGU Online is available. Once you have Registered you will generate a "Login". You will then use your Login to access CGU Online.
You must not provide details of your Login to any other person. You must not allow any other person to use your Login. You must not use another person's Login and may only use CGU Online to view or manage information relating to another person or their insurance policies with their express authority.
Where you hold a policy jointly with another person, each of you will need to become Registered however your individual Logins will enable each of you to view or manage details relating to that jointly held policy. In the case of joint policies, any transaction performed on CGU Online by one policyholder will be deemed an authorised transaction performed by all policyholders.
You will remain Registered where you use your Login at least once in a two year period. Should you not use your Login to access CGU Online for a period of two years, or other period of time we determine, you will be deemed an "Inactive User" and your access to CGU Online may be terminated.
You may use CGU Online to perform certain transactions online.
Any transactions performed on CGU Online will not be complete until we receive and process your "Confirmation". Your Confirmation means any communication issued or transmitted by you to us via CGU Online or other electronic means which contains your acceptance in relation to our offer, or your confirmation of payment, whichever applies.
Your Confirmation may not be received by us for various reasons and you acknowledge that we are not liable to you in any way for loss or damage, howsoever caused, directly or indirectly, in connection with the transmission of your Confirmation.
Terminating access to CGU Online
We reserve the right to terminate your access to CGU Online at any time for any reason. We will endeavour to notify you if this occurs. You may terminate your access to CGU Online at any time by contacting us and giving us notice to that effect along with sufficient information to enable us to identify your Login.
Where your access to CGU Online is terminated by us, by you or as a result of you becoming an Inactive User, you must immediately cease using CGU Online and not directly or indirectly access or use CGU Online further.